National Palliative Care Awards 2021 Finalists
Palliative Care Australia wishes to thank everyone who submitted a nomination for the National Palliative Care Awards. This year we had significant interest in the Awards which recognise the innovation, teamwork , and emerging talent in Australia’s palliative care sector.
Award winners will be announced virtually at our National Palliative Care Awards Evening at the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference (21OPCC) on Tuesday 7 September 2021.
Their Excellencies, His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd) and Her Excellency Mrs Hurley will be acknowledging the service and commitment of all the palliative care sector during these extraordinary times.
Congratulations to the following individuals and organisations selected as finalists for 2021:
- The Silver Chain Group, Osborne Park, WA
- Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service (Paediatric Palliative Care Service), South Brisbane, QLD
- Specialist Palliative Rural Telehealth (SPaRTa) service – Sunshine Coast Hub, Nambour, QLD
- Central Adelaide Palliative Care Service, Woodville, SA
- Dungog Shire Palliative Care Volunteers Inc, Dungog, NSW
- Multicultural Communities Council of SA, Adelaide, SA
- Bear Cottage Children’s Hospice, Manly, NSW
- St John of God Hawkesbury Hospital, Windsor, NSW
- Dr Graham Grove – Specialist Palliative Rural Telehealth Service (and Gold Coast Health), Gold Coast, QLD
- Roslyn Kirk – Calvary Health – Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach, Barton, ACT
- Kristin Bindley – University of Technology Sydney, IMPACCT; Western Sydney LHD, Supportive and Palliative Care, Mt Druitt, NSW
- Dr Jason Mills – University of the Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Celia Marston – Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, VIC
- Dr Claudia Virdun – Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD
- Cheryl Porter-Pedras – South Western Sydney Local Health District NSW, Liverpool, NSW
- Kathryn Hooper – St Vincent’s Brisbane, Kangaroo Point, QLD
- Tammy McGrath – WA Country Health Service, Perth, WA
- Dr Jonathan Ramachenderan – WA Country Health Service Great Southern region, Albany, WA
- Sharmalie Wijesinghe – St. Vincent’s Hospital On The Park/Cabrini Health, East Melbourne, VIC
- Japet Bryan Toledo – Palliative Care Unit, Braeside Hospital, Hammond Health Care, Prairewood, NSW
- Anne Booms – Icon Cancer Center, Midland, WA
- Edward ‘Ed’ Gaudoin – Western Australia Country Health Service Palliative Care Program, Osborne Park, WA
- Maureen O’Brien – CHS/ RACS/ Community Care Program/ Central Community Nursing, Canberra, ACT
- Dr Paula Moffat – Bethesda Health Care, Claremont, WA
- Mandy Larsen and Jodi Hamilton – Palli-Pod Inventors, Coen, QLD
- A/Professor John Collins – The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead (Sydney Children’s Hospital Network), Westmead, NSW
- Dr Anthony Herbert – Children’s Health Queensland, Hospital and Health Service, South Brisbane, QLD
- Julie Anania – Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program, Parkville, VIC
- Robyn Ellis – West Australian Country Health Service Midwest, Geraldton, WA
- Irene Murphy – Gippsland Regional Palliative Care Consultancy Service, Traralgon, VIC
- Clare Lovell – Clare Holland House, Barton, ACT
- Mizue Jacobson – The Good Shepherd Home, Townsville, QLD
- Sallie Louise Fredericks – Palliative Care Consultancy Service, Wollongong, NSW
- Yasothiny Yogarajah – BaptistCare NSW & ACT, Macquarie, NSW
- Keri Wassenaar – Karuna Hospice Services – Windsor, QLD
Register for 21OPCC – You can register by going to PCA’s 21OPCC website.
- Member – Full Access: $600.00 AUD + GST
- Non Member – Full Access: $750.00 AUD + GST
- Student/Concession: $330.00 AUD + GST
- Group – Full Access: $5,500.00 AUD + GST
- Day Registration: $450.00 AUD + GST
- National Palliative Care Awards Evening: $0.00 AUD
– PCA is proud to be recognising some of industry’s best and brightest with the announcement of the winners of the 2021 National Palliative Care Awards. Registration is necessary to the Awards Evening to allow access to the live stream.
All registrations include 12mths access to conference recording post event.