From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
16 March 2017
Palliative care nurse Charlotte Coulson is one of 33 nurses and midwives to be chosen as a finalist for the 2017 WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards, to be announced in May. Of the five years she worked in the Kimberley, three focused on improving palliative care access for Aboriginal people with end-stage kidney disease.
4 October 2016
Charlotte Coulson worked in central London before moving to the remote Kimberley region of WA five years ago. She is working with people from remote Aboriginal communities who have end-stage kidney disease.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience