From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
3 August 2016
The national Life in Death art competition closes at the end of next week, so it’s time to meet one of the judges. Flutter Lyon explains how her Ink-Pressings have captured the life stories of people receiving palliative care and their therapeutic effect. She also reveals her philosophy as a judge and what she will be looking for in a winning piece.
28 July 2016
While hospices will continue to have a role to play in caring for people with severe symptoms in the UK, there is a growing need for the community to participate more in end-of-life care, according to a leading palliative care expert.
21 July 2016
A new website is helping patients, families and health professionals to find and understand laws that underpin medical decision-making at the end of life.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience