From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
27 October 2017
HammondCare is leading a new $2M project which aims to leave clinicians better equipped to initiate conversations about advance care planning and screen for palliative care needs. The project will target GPs, nurses and allied health staff working with older people and younger adults with chronic and debilitating illnesses, providing online learning resources, tele-mentoring and provide face-to-face training.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience