From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
Palliative Care Australia
16 January 2017
Professor Patsy Yates has finished a four-year term as president of the Palliative Care Australia Board, but will continue in her role as a Board member. She reflects on the highlights of her time in office and her hopes for what the peak body can achieve in the future.
11 December 2015
In an initiative to broaden its membership base, Palliative Care Australia has welcomed Palliative Care Nursing Association as an Affiliate Member.
2 December 2015
Palliative Care Australia has proposed an ambitious new approach to overcoming the gaps and cost-shifting between different levels of government which detract from the delivery of palliative care nationally.
4 September 2015
People working in the palliative care sector have been challenged to go out to their communities and talk about death, dying and bereavement in order to break down barriers to palliative care.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience