From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
6 February 2017
As an end-of-life-care nurse practitioner, Jeanette Lacey often meets patients just hours before they die in hospital. She explains just how much she can do for patients and their families in that limited time.
11 October 2016
Experiencing the deaths of up to six patients each week over the past 18 years has given Nikki Johnston remarkable insights into what happens at the end of life. The palliative care nurse practitioner from Clare Holland House was interviewed recently by Federal Labor MP Andrew Leigh for his podcast, The Good Life.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience