From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
2 September 2016
Arun Ramchand hears first-hand the many reasons people opt for natural burials within a cemetery. Recently, one story stood out. The community engagement consultant with Adelaide Cemeteries Authority was touched to hear a widow explain why her husband wanted to be buried in the bush, without a headstone.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience