From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
Life in Death
25 October 2016
To mark Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month, artist Anzara Clark shares the moving story behind her award-winning artwork, Christening Shroud, created in memory of her grandson Cody who died the day before he was born.
8 September 2016
Ceramic artist Ashley Fiona was just 13 when her mother died. She explains what she has learned about grief, loss and healing, and the care and love that goes into making porcelain ashkeepers for bereaved families.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience