From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
13 October 2017
The man the New York Times describes as “the father of palliative care in India”, Dr MR Rajagopal, has arrived in Australia on a national speaking tour. He is attending screenings of a documentary about his work; Hippocratic – 18 Experiments in Gently Shaking the World.
5 October 2017
Dr MR Rajagopal has successfully fought draconian laws in order to prevent large numbers of people suffering from severe pain. The Indian doctor is an outspoken critic of the modern medical industry and an inspiring global health leader. His story is told through an uplifting Australian documentary that premieres next week; ‘Hippocratic – 18 experiments in gently shaking the world’.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience