From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
6 April 2017
A commitment of $2 million recurrent funding from the NSW Government has brought a new hospice for people over the age of 18 one step closer to fruition, according to Bear Cottage nursing unit manager Narelle Martin.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience