From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
31 October 2016
Palliative care physician Dr Frank Brennan travelled to the International Palliative Care Conference in Montreal earlier this month to present a documentary filmed at a Sydney hospice.
Dr Brennan, who features extensively in the film, explains what it was like having filmmakers on the ward at Calvary Hospital and how their gentle, respectful approach built the trust of families, patients and staff.
20 October 2016
Six people living with terminal illness offer moving words of wisdom about the benefits of borrowing less and living more, regardless of your health status, in a new online film launched today.
2 February 2016
Melbourne students offer profound insights into the opportunity for living that can occur in the lead-up to death, in a film launched today.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience