From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
24 May 2017
Where people live and their socioeconomic status has significant bearing on whether they need to rely on hospitals to receive palliative care, or are able to access it within the community, new national statistics suggest.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience