From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
3 September 2015
Despite a huge emphasis within medical schools on teaching empathy, a hidden curriculum causes students’ compassion to decline over time, according to an Associate Professor of General Practice at The Australian National University Medical School.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience