From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
8 December 2015
Dr Mary Brooksbank has watched many people die peaceful deaths which could easily have been traumatic and painful, including her father. She offer her thoughts on the euthanasia debate.
10 November 2015
Associate Professor Richard Chye is director of palliative care at St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney. He is concerned we are too caught up with our ‘right’ to die, while not investing in the system that helps us to live as well as possible before we die.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience