From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
17 February 2016
General practitioners have been encouraged to take a proactive role in identifying people with advanced chronic conditions that will lead to death and prepare them for end-of-life.
4 November 2015
Meet Karen Conte, who has learned many things about life during her 30-year palliative care career. She has supported hundreds of people as they were dying, both in hospital and community settings. It has taught her not to sweat the small stuff.
30 October 2015
Meet Bridget, one of the 10 palliative care nurses who answers calls to the 24-hour Decision Assist advisory line. Bridget is a clinical nurse specialist in palliative care, who has extensive experience in oncology. She brings 20 years’ experience to the role.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience