From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
7 September 2017
The fallout that can occur when people don’t talk about death, or their wishes for end-of-life care, made for a lively panel discussion at the Australian Palliative Care Conference in Adelaide.
23 November 2016
At Daffodil Cottage in Bathurst, NSW, cancer patients and their carers are generously telling their stories. Listening and learning are amateur actors, inspired by the challenge of bringing the real-life-experiences authentically to the stage.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience