From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
27 May 2017
“Just do it.” That is Ashley Fiona’s advice to any artist who is tempted to enter Palliative Care Australia’s online art competition, launched today. Ashley, who won the People’s Choice award last year, says she is “stoked and very honoured” to have been selected as a judge, along with last year’s overall winner, Anzara Clark, and artist Margaret Ambridge.
6 March 2017
Fiona Hawthorne explains how she came to head Hummingbird House, Queensland’s only children’s hospice, and gives tips on how to support grieving parents.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience