From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
4 October 2016
Charlotte Coulson worked in central London before moving to the remote Kimberley region of WA five years ago. She is working with people from remote Aboriginal communities who have end-stage kidney disease.
26 May 2016
A long-term misconception that palliative care is only for cancer patients may be preventing people with non-malignant chronic diseases from receiving the care they need, peak health bodies have warned.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience