From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
13 October 2016
US hospice and palliative care specialist Dr BJ Miller is visiting Australia this week to speak at the Palliative Care NSW conference in Broken Hill. He tells Palliative Matters about his dream to design health care environments that focus on the patient experience, in order to enhance quality of life.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience