From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
25 May 2017
People looking at aged care options are being encouraged to ask services whether they provide a palliative approach to care and whether they have links with specialist palliative care services.
24 May 2017
Where people live and their socioeconomic status has significant bearing on whether they need to rely on hospitals to receive palliative care, or are able to access it within the community, new national statistics suggest.
26 May 2016
A long-term misconception that palliative care is only for cancer patients may be preventing people with non-malignant chronic diseases from receiving the care they need, peak health bodies have warned.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience