From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
16 February 2016
Clinical nurse educator Anne May says abusive behaviour can occur in any palliative care setting. While stress might spark one-off incidents of poor behaviour, chronic abuse is too often dismissed as being part of a grief reaction.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience