Decisions about your care
You will need to make a variety of decisions about your future care and your wishes for your final days, and after you have gone. This is challenging to face and it may take some time for you to prepare for this. It is important that you discuss your wishes with those close to you so they understand what you want and how to carry your wishes out. These are difficult conversations to have. PCA’s Discussion Starter can help you work out what is right for you.
As part of this process you can appoint someone to make decisions for you if you are no longer able to speak for yourself.
State and Territory Departments of Health, includes information about guardianship and powers of attorney or equivalent:
- WA Health Department Links
- NSW Health Advance Care Planning- Making your wishes known
- Victorian Department of Health- Advance Care Planning
- SA Health- Advance Health Directive
- Northern Territory- Advance Care Planning
- Tasmania- Advance Care Planning for healthy dying
- Queensland- Advance Care Planning Online
- ACT Health- Advance Care Planning