QLD – Palliative Care Education Morning: Social aspects of palliative care
Date: Wednesday 22 May 2019
Venue: Royal Brisbane and Womens Children Hospital (RBWH) Education Centre
Time: 7:00am – 8:30am
State Webinar: 7:20am – 8:30am
Topic: Social aspects of palliative care
In 2019 Palliative Care Queensland (PCQ) and CPCRE will be collaborating to hold four statewide
palliative care education morning events. These events are open to all PCQ members, palliative care (ie. primary care, aged care, General Practice, disability sector and acute hospital staff) and specialist palliative care health professionals and anyone with an interest in palliative care in Queensland.
All 2019 education mornings will include a panel of speakers discussing the topic based on their experience in relation to the topic. Topics have been chosen based on the World Health Organisations definition of palliative care, particularly highlighting the holistic nature of palliative care.
These sessions will also include a Q&A with the audience.
- 6th Feb: Anticipatory Care – a key to supporting people to live and die in their place of choice
- 22nd May: Social aspects of palliative care
- 3rd July: Psychological aspects of palliative care
- 2nd Oct: Spiritual aspects of palliative care
- RBWH light breakfast: 7:00am
- Webinar begins: 7:20am
- Morning closes: 8:30am
Any Questions: email@example.com or 07 3511 1539
Certificate of attendance: will be provided for CPD after the event.
Evaluation: to assist with our quality improvement we request everyone who attends to complete an evaluation.
- RBWH – PCQ Member – FREE
- Webinar – PCQ Member – FREE
- RBWH – Non-PCQ Member – $20
- Webinar – Non-PCQ Member – $15
- PCQ Member refers to any PCQ member type that is a current paid member
- PCQ Organisaitonal members are able to access a maximum of 3 webinar loggins (must register all separately)
- Individual membership of PCQ is only $75/ year – please consider becoming a member of PCQ to support the bigger picture of palliative care.
For more information or to register, click here.