Pinjarra Advance Care Planning Community Workshop
Date: Tueday 27 March 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm AWST
Location: Lesser Hall, Pinjarra Civic Centre: 1915 Pinjarra Road, WA 6208 Pinjarra, WA 6208
Over 80% per cent of Australians think it is important to put our end-of-life care treatment preference into writing, but less than 5% of us have completed an advance care plan.
Palliative Care WA has designed an interactive community workshop to help people to plan ahead and let their families and health care providers know what they would want if they could no longer speak for themselves.
Who should attend?
The workshop is free and open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered
– What is advance care planning?
– How to have a conversation about death and dying with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
– Exploring your values and want you want at end of life
– Palliative Care -what is palliative care & when should it be offered
– Information on Organ and Tissue Donation in WA
– What are the health and lifestyle choices you can make at the end of life
– How to put your plans into writing – Advance Health Directive, Enduring Power of Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney.
You can book via this Eventbrite page, or call the venue.
If you would like to know more, please contact us email@example.com or 1300 551 704