From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
2 September 2015
Too few palliative care patients are being referred for physiotherapy despite its potential to improve their quality of life, according to a physiotherapist speaking today at the 13th Australian Palliative Care Conference in Melbourne.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience