Sydney – Forum on End-of-Life Care
Forum on End-of-Life Care
May 24 2017, Novotel Sydney, Rooty Hill
Bookings: Friday, May 19 on 9881 1695 or WSLHD-BMDHevents@health.nsw.gov.au
Mount Druitt Hospital’s Supportive and Palliative Care Unit is hosting a free forum about end-of-life care.
The forum, at Novotel Sydney, Rooty Hill, on May 24, will discuss palliative care services and offer the community an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the options available.
The supportive and palliative care unit provides care, assessment and symptom control for adult patients over the course of their life-limiting illness, and at the final stages of life.
Palliative care experts to attend include:
- Dr Philip Lee, Senior Staff Specialist, supportive and palliative medicine, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Dr Sally Greenway, director of supportive and palliative Medicine, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Deborah Maclaren, palliative care nurse practitioner, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Wendy Pavlek, palliative care social worker, Mount Druitt Unit
- Alix Hunter, volunteer support services program, Palliative Care