PCA Connect - Conversations with ‘People at the heart of quality palliative care’
Palliative Care Australia invited palliative care professionals as well as the public to come along to celebrate the vital role of the palliative care workforce in supporting people with life-limiting illnesses. Hosted by palliative care specialist, Joanne Doran, the webinar featured a panel of experts from the palliative care sector that provided an overview of palliative care and its importance.
The webinar was designed as an ‘ask me anything’ forum where attendees could ask any questions they may be afraid to ask about palliative care. It was an opportunity to learn, interact, and celebrate the palliative care workforce while enjoying a relaxing afternoon tea.
- Dr Joanne Doran - Honorary Adjunct Assistant Professor and Senior Staff Palliative Care Specialist – Bond University, Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service.
- Brendan Myhill - Social Worker, Bereavement Research Officer – Sydney Local Health District and Palliative Care Social Work Australia.
- Dawn Hooper – Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner – Mona Vale Inpatient Palliative Care Unit, Northern Sydney Local Health District.
- Heike Fleischmann - Volunteer Engagement & Capacity Building Manager – Palliative Care Victoria
- Geoff Yates - Nurse Unit Manager – Manly Adolescent and Young Adult Hospice, Northern Sydney Local Health District.