From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
9 November 2015
Palliative care nurse Jeanette Liebelt has drafted a list of personal details for anyone caring for her at the end of life, so they will be better able to meet her personal needs and preferences, particularly if she has dementia. What would be on your list?
30 October 2015
Meet Bridget, one of the 10 palliative care nurses who answers calls to the 24-hour Decision Assist advisory line. Bridget is a clinical nurse specialist in palliative care, who has extensive experience in oncology. She brings 20 years’ experience to the role.
20 October 2015
A new national research project will measure whether geriatricians can increase rates of advance care planning among people with dementia, soon after their diagnosis.
4 September 2015
A new DVD capturing life-affirming stories about paediatric palliative care is available free to people wishing to raise awareness.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience