From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
30 October 2015
Meet Bridget, one of the 10 palliative care nurses who answers calls to the 24-hour Decision Assist advisory line. Bridget is a clinical nurse specialist in palliative care, who has extensive experience in oncology. She brings 20 years’ experience to the role.
20 October 2015
A new national research project will measure whether geriatricians can increase rates of advance care planning among people with dementia, soon after their diagnosis.
4 September 2015
A new DVD capturing life-affirming stories about paediatric palliative care is available free to people wishing to raise awareness.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience