Palliative Care Australia National Awards 2017
~ 2019 Awards open 22 May 2019 ~ Stay tuned for updates ~
Winners of the Palliative Care National Awards 2017 have been announced.
The National Awards are aimed at recognising innovation, teamwork and emerging talent in the palliative care sector. The awards recognise the efforts of those who support and care for people who are dying through public recognition of organisations and individuals who provide support and care to those people.
We’re thrilled to welcome National Home Doctor Service as the National Palliative Care Awards partner for 2017. Their generous contribution will take these awards to new heights and offer these talented individuals and teams an even stronger platform and capability to continue their invaluable care and careers in palliative care.
Individual awards – $2,000 to be spent on professional development, plus free registration to the 15th Australian Palliative Care Conference in 2019.
Organisation/team awards – $4,000 to be spent on professional development for the entire team.
Winners – Individual
- Emerging Leader – Mrs Anna Holliday, Project Manager at Live Tasmania, Hobart TAS
- Emerging Researcher – Dr Diana Ferreira, Medical Doctor at Flinders University, Adelaide SA
- Excellence in Palliative Care – Rural and Remote – Ms Lesley Forrester, Regional Palliative Care Coordinator at Great Southern Regional Specialist Palliative Care Service, Albany WA
- Excellence in Palliative Care in an Aged Care Setting – Mr Peter Jenkin, Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner: Aged Care at Resthaven Incorporated, Adelaide SA
- Outstanding Achievement by a Volunteer – Mr Roger Lush, Volunteer at Southern Adelaide Palliative Services, Adelaide SA
Winners – Team
To view the full Palliative Care Australia National Framework click here