Palliative Care Australia National Awards 2017
The National Awards are aimed at recognising innovation, teamwork and emerging talent in the palliative care sector. The awards recognise the efforts of those who support and care for people who are dying through public recognition of organisations and individuals who provide support and care to those people.
A special thank you to the National Home Doctor Service as the National Palliative Care Awards partner for 2017. Their generous contribution took these awards to new heights and offered these talented individuals and teams an even stronger platform and capability to continue their invaluable care and careers in palliative care.
Winners – Individual
- Emerging Leader – Mrs Anna Holliday, Project Manager at Live Tasmania, Hobart TAS
- Emerging Researcher – Dr Diana Ferreira, Medical Doctor at Flinders University, Adelaide SA
- Excellence in Palliative Care – Rural and Remote – Ms Lesley Forrester, Regional Palliative Care Coordinator at Great Southern Regional Specialist Palliative Care Service, Albany WA
- Excellence in Palliative Care in an Aged Care Setting – Mr Peter Jenkin, Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner: Aged Care at Resthaven Incorporated, Adelaide SA
- Outstanding Achievement by a Volunteer – Mr Roger Lush, Volunteer at Southern Adelaide Palliative Services, Adelaide SA
Winners – Team
Winners in the individual category were awarded $2,000 towards professional development and free registration to the 2019 Oceanic Palliative Care Conference. In the organisational categories $4,000 was awarded for professional development for the entire team.
To view the full Palliative Care Australia National Framework click here