Palliative Care Australia
Palliative Care Australia (PCA) is the national peak body for palliative care.
PCA represents all those who work towards high quality palliative care for all Australians. Working closely with consumers, our Member Organisations and the palliative care workforce, we aim to improve access to, and promote the need for, palliative care.
We believe quality palliative care occurs when strong networks exist between specialist palliative care providers, primary generalist, primary specialist and support care providers and the community.
PCA has developed the paediatric palliative care website to support families who have a child with a life-limiting illness, the community who support them and the health professionals who care for them.
Find out more about PCA at palliativecare.org.au
Paediatric Palliative Care Australia and New Zealand
The purpose of the Paediatric Palliative Care Australia and New Zealand (PAPCANZ) association is to lead the development of paediatric palliative care (PPC) in Australia and New Zealand by:
- being a central point for a professional body of knowledge
- sharing of information, resources and experiences
- advocating and lobbying for the PPC needs of children, their families and those who care for them
- endorsing a national PPC definition and framework of principles and levels of care
- developing standards and guidelines for hospice, hospital and home
- discussing and developing research projects and priorities, facilitating multi-site collaboration, competitive submission for funding and database accuracy of research activity.
- liaison and representation with professional groups such as Palliative Care Australia, Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand, Australia New Zealand Society Palliative Medicine and Palliative Care Groups at State/Territory and National level
- establishing international links and supports
- reviewing and facilitating education and training in PPC including postgraduate study, workshops and national conferences
- addressing broader “mainstream” PPC needs in general paediatric, hospice and community environments
- having affiliation with Palliative Care Australia and Hospice New Zealand.
a) Ordinary Individual member; a Paediatric Palliative Care specialist service provider
b) Affiliated Individual member; a health care provider who is interested in the specialty and may occasionally provide Paediatric Palliative Care
Current Chair is Sara Fleming, Clinical Lead PPC , South Australia
firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 81617994