From Palliative Care Australia Stories about living, dying and Palliative Care
22 September 2017
The Centre for Palliative Care is encouraging doctors, registered nurses and allied healthcare professionals who care for patients with advanced disease to attend the 5th Australian Palliative Care Research Colloquium in Melbourne next month.
31 October 2016
Hana Sayers found a way to extend how long her father’s body could be kept at home, giving her the time she needed to say goodbye. In the midst of her grief, she was driven to achieve the same for parents of still-born babies, fundraising for a cooling cot that keeps bereaving families together in hospital or at home.
7 October 2016
Tomorrow is World Hospice Day, but what do we mean by hospice? Now is the time to get savvy. Here are 10 quick facts to bring you and your loved ones up to speed on hospice and end-of-life care approaches in Australia.
4 September 2015
Results from a project encouraging SA community pharmacists to stock five core palliative medicines were presented for the first time today at the 13th Australian Palliative Care Conference in Melbourne.
- Frail elderly put new pressure on prisons to provide palliative care
- One third of elderly patients receive futile treatment before they die
- Symbolic works created with ink-filled syringe capture life and offer therapy
- The most intimate thing I’ve done in my life: Kylie’s story
- Vicarious trauma: a young nurse shares her experience