Tweetchat – Living Well With Chronic Illness
Celebrate National Palliative Care Week by participating in a special tweetchat to discuss ‘Living Well With Chronic Illness’.
Join us at 7pm Sydney time on 26 May 2016 by tweeting using the hashtag #NPCW16
This online tweetchat will be an opportunity to share your experiences, ask your questions and talk about the key issues about living well with life-limiting illness – be that dementia, cancer, MND, heart failure, or any other serious chronic condition. To learn more, see the Dying to Talkwebsite.
What? Topics for discussion:
- T1 What does “living well with chronic illness” mean to you?
- T2 What do you think palliative care can offer for people with chronic illness?
- T3 How can we improve access to palliative care for people with chronic illness? Are there barriers to overcome?
- T4 What one thing will you do in 2016 to get people #dyingtotalk about living well with chronic illness?
Everyone with an interest in these issues is welcome, including:
- People living with chronic illness, serious illness, life-limiting illness
- Carers or loved ones of people living with chronic illness
- Clinicians, researchers.
- Health service managers, administrators, policymakers.
- Other interested members of the community.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about palliative care.
When? Thursday, 26th May 2016
- 5:00pm AWST Perth
- 6:30pm ACST Adelaide, Darwin
- 7:00pm AEST Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane
- 9:00pm NZST Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch